The Oracle Cloud Experience Technology Hands-on-lab Workshop is sponsored by the Cloud Computing SIG of IOUG. We are proud to announce our participation at the Georgia Oracle User Group Tech Days on March 15-16, Atlanta, Georgia. Every attendee will be given a Kindle version of the Oracle Cloud Pocket Solutions Guide:
The Cloud Experience Technology Hands-on-lab Workshop will start with creating a database in Oracle Cloud. We will also focus on backing up an on-premise database to the cloud and various solutions that’s available from Oracle to backup both Oracle databases and non-Oracle databases. We will discuss complete solution options that you can implement as you make your journey to Oracle Cloud.
Attendees will :
• Learn how to set up OS secure authentication, generating private and public keys
• Learn about various kinds of containers in Oracle Cloud and create a storage container to leverage for the hands-on lab
• Learn when and how to use the cloud for business projects
• Learn methods to backup databases to the cloud, configure Oracle Recovery Manager to backup to and restore from the Oracle Cloud.
• Learn methods to migrate databases to the cloud.
• Create a database in Oracle Cloud
• Communicate from on-premise to the database that resides in Oracle Cloud
• General Q & A with community experts
We will also discuss real-life solutions addressing security concerns, opening ports, creating database links/communicating with databases in Oracle Cloud, and innovations that Oracle has made to Oracle Cloud in the past 2 years.